users@glassfish.java.net

Re: In-memory replication not working in multi-node configuration

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:23:21 PDT

Thanks, lwhite, for your reply. I have studied both the blog and the manual in detail (as I have http://weblogs.java.net/blog/arungupta/archive/2009/04/glassfish_asadm_1.html and http://www.randombugs.com/java/glassfish/how-to-install-and-configure-a-glassfish-cluster.html and all other sources out there as well)! The number of steps to do is small and I cannot find any reason for my problem.

Possibilities that come to mind:

* is in-memory working only in 2.0 but not 2.1?
* Is it working in 2.1 but not in zoned environments?
* Is it working but not with mod_proxy load balancing?
* Is it working only on one machine, but not between two machines (which would be simply stupid)?

Finally: how can I diagnose the problem better?
* What does the Jxta/Shoal error indicate?
* Are there other subsystems I should monitor at FINEST level?
* Are there GF external tools I could use to diagnose?

I have used a small multicast tool to verify the machines can communicate via multicast; maybe next step could be to write a small Shoal client/server to see if that might be the problem's source.

To be honest, I've seen a whole collection of similar failure reports by now, all going into the same direction, but _NO_ sufficient answer to them.

For now I'm determined to hunt down the beast - but I need a little assistance...

Cheers
 Mobi
[Message sent by forum member 'mobiwan' (mobiwan)]