users@glassfish.java.net

Resources created w/MQ Admin Console not seen in Glassfish Admin console

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:52:54 PDT

Environment:
Glassfish Enterprise Server v2.1
JDK 1.6.0_11-b03 (bundled)
Sun Java(tm) System Message Queue 4.3 (Build 7-g)
Windows XP SP3

Following the documentation in Chapter 1 of the Sun Java System Message Queue 4.1 Administration Guide[1] I used the MQ Admin Console SWING tool to create an ObjectStore with the following properties:

java.naming.provider.url - file:///C:/imq_admin_objects
java.naming.factory.initial - com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory

In that object store I created six destinations (3 Queues and 3 Topics) along with one connection factory.

I also used the Admin Console to create one Broker with host set to localhost and primary port set to 7676. Within that broker I created 6 physical destination for the destinations I created in the object store.

In the Glassfish administration console under Configuration -> Java Message Service -> JMS Hosts -> Physical Destinations none of the ones I created in the Broker using the MQ Admin console were visible. I suspected this was due to the fact that GF needs the naming properties I set when I created the ObjectStore with the MQ Admin console so I set them under Configuration -> Java Message Service : Additional Properties. When I did that and restarted the domain the physical destinations I created with the MQ Admin console now showed up in the GF admin console's Physical Destinations section.

However, the ConnectionFactory and Destinations I created in the ObjectStore do not show up in the GF Admin console's Resources -> JMS Resources -> Connection Factories and Resources -> JMS Resources -> Destination Resources respectively. I suspect this is also a case of needing to feed some properties to the domain somewhere but I don't see an obvious place to do so. Nor am I sure what they should be since they need to be scoped to the JMS resource but simply adding a property like java.naming.factory.initial to a more global scope then one affecting only JMS would be 'a bad thing'.

FWIW the GF Enterprise Server 2.1 Administration Guide [2], Chapter 4 - Configuring Java Message Service Resources does not touch on this subject either.

Additionally, I feel like I should be able to do everything I can do with the MQ Admin console in the GF admin console but it is not apparent how to or if it is even possible.

TIA,

-NBW

[1] http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-7755/gcrlv?a=view
[2] http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/820-4335/abljw?a=view
[Message sent by forum member 'emailnbw' (emailnbw)]