users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CORBA.NO_PERMISSION when using GUI in ACC

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 16:17:57 PDT

Hi Tim,

The application is using the NetBeans 6.1 platform, as described here:
http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqAppClientOnNbPlatformTut

I'm afraid how the threads are created is a bit beyond me, although I do know that the NetBeans platform has its own classloader to enforce various security concerns between the modules/plugins bundled with it. For my part, I'm invoking the remote call from a SwingWorker thread because most of those calls are taking a bit of time (lots of data being transferred). Maybe I could try calling this from the EDT, although I don't expect this workaround to be viable (don't want the GUI to hang for too long).

As you suggested, I retried and made sure the cache was empty. Unfortunately, same problem. If you think it would help, I could try to dumb down my whole project to call a dummy EJB and send you the whole NetBeans project, could be usefull for debugging purposes...

Let me know!

Chiss
[Message sent by forum member 'chiss' (chiss)]