users@glassfish.java.net

Re: CORBA.NO_PERMISSION when using GUI in ACC

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 15:53:50 PDT

Hi, Chiss.

Would you be able to briefly summarize for me how the threads are created and from which the access to protected resources originate?

There are some differences between appclient and Java Web Start launches due to the fact that Java Web Start creates the Swing event dispatcher thread (EDT) before the app client container (ACC) and, therefore, your client, gain control. The ACC tries to account for this, and does in some situations. There might be something about your scenario that exposes something we've overlooked.

Also, just to be sure, would you mind using the Java Web Start app viewer (javaws -viewer) to actually remove the old version of the GlassFish JARs from the Java Web Start cache? As you noted, the stack trace differences would suggest you are using the newer version but this would make sure. There are numerous JARs so be sure you clean out all of them.

- Tim
[Message sent by forum member 'tjquinn' (tjquinn)]