users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help: Two deployed wars use different version of a .jar

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:54:51 +0530

Yes, this is by design and spec compliant. Resource Adapters are
considered like system libraries and hence they are shared by all other
applications. Section EE.8.4 of Java EE 5 spec says the following:

/"Standalone resource adapters delivered in .rar files and standalone
class libraries delivered in .jar files that become installed libraries
will of necessity appear in the class namespaces of applications that
use them, and may appear in the class namespace of any application
depending on the level of isolation supported by the Java EE product."/

Thanks,
Sahoo