users@glassfish.java.net

Java+Glassfish+Ldap

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 04:27:55 PDT

Hello.
I have the following setup. A Glassfish server that runs a Flex UI and EJB3 webservices (as well as database persistence). I've managed to implement form based authentication with openDS for users, but the problem is that I need to get an integer from the ldap as well that would tell which organisation the user is part of (this is needed for database queries so that the Flex UI gets only the allowed data for the user). I've searched the web for an answer for close to three days now, but haven't found anything clear. I haven't done anything jaas or ldap related before this project and very little with glassfish, so everything is new and not self explanatory at this point.
So if someone could please give some info or point to some good related tutorials on how to get additional values from the ldap during the login process and store them to the principal I would be very grateful :)
[Message sent by forum member 'draugo' (draugo)]