users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JDBC realm, problem with principal name

From: Kumar Jayanti <Vbkumar.Jayanti_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:12:40 +0530

IggaR wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have a security question.
> My project consists of a ejb project with a (RESTful) webservice layer on
> top of it.
> I want to secure this with JAAS using a JDBC realm.
> The configuration isn't al that hard, but I got the message when I logged in
> that the resource isn't available to me, while I do use the proper
> credentials.
> Some searching allowed me to find out that if I filled in the
> <principal-name> in my sun-ejb-jar everything went as it should go.
> However, the project requires a situation where it's free to register, so
> it's impossible to add all the users to the xml file.

Yes, it is generally impossible to add all users to xml. So you can do
two things.

1. You can have <role-name> to <group-name> mappings.
2. Or you can use the Canonical mapping :
http://blogs.sun.com/monzillo/date/20071116

If your intent is to allow any valid user (who has logged in
successfully) then you should look at :
http://blogs.sun.com/monzillo/date/20080115

Let us know if that helped.

Thanks.