users@glassfish.java.net

JDBC realm, problem with principal name

From: IggaR <ignace.savels_at_telenet.be>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 00:04:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all,

I have a security question.
My project consists of a ejb project with a (RESTful) webservice layer on
top of it.
I want to secure this with JAAS using a JDBC realm.
The configuration isn't al that hard, but I got the message when I logged in
that the resource isn't available to me, while I do use the proper
credentials.
Some searching allowed me to find out that if I filled in the
<principal-name> in my sun-ejb-jar everything went as it should go.
However, the project requires a situation where it's free to register, so
it's impossible to add all the users to the xml file.

Can anyone point me out how I can make this run without using the principal
names?

Thank you very much