users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Can a web service deployed in Grizzly access Felix

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 18:11:59 +0530

Yes, I expected something like that. You have been trying far too many
things. I didn't understand why you switched to developing a HK2 module.
Secondly @Resource is not expected to work in a HK2 module either.

IIUC, you have an OSGi bundle that exports a service MyAPI.class that
you want to access from another Java EE application. You have been
successful in deployin the OSGi bundle in the autodeploy-bundles dir.
Now, you have to write the following code to access the service from
Java EE app:
/MyAPI myAPI = Habitat.getByContract(MyAPI.class);/

Jerome suggested you to use @Resource instead of looking up the service
using Habitat, but I don't actually know how a pure OSGi service is
mapped to JNDI. So, I can't comment on that.

Sahoo