users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Help: Two deployed wars use different version of a .jar

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 11:12:08 PDT

What about JCA connectors? I have two versions of a JCA connector deployed: one for the old EAR to use and one for the new WAR to use. There are major programming changes between the two versions. The old JCA connector has the older .jar dependency packaged inside (same as EAR), and the newer JCA connector has the newer .jar dependency packaged inside (same as WAR). There is one connection pool and JNDI reference for each JCA connector.

When I un-deployed the EAR, I still had the problem. When I un-deployed the old JCA connector, the problem went away. It seems that deployed WAR files share the same ClassLoader as JCA connectors.

> Yes, each deployed app has its own class loader. As
> long as you don't
> have any dependent class placed in a library jar in
> one of glassfish lib
> directories like glassfish/lib or domain/lib, each
> application class
> will be loaded separately. I can't believe we have a
> bug like what you
> described.
>
> Sahoo

[Message sent by forum member 'rdelaplante' (rdelaplante)]