users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RE: PHP on Glassfish on Solaris 10, beats the h*ll out of competition

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 02:34:06 PDT

Forgive me the confusion. I don't have any question regarding PHP nor Glassfish. But it just suprised me to see how fast Glassfish V3 was working with the caucho.quercus.servlet .

Normaly the use of mysql_connect doesn't require a mysql_close instruction since PHP will close any unused connection.

"Note: The link to the server will be closed as soon as the execution of the script ends, unless it's closed earlier by explicitly calling mysql_close(). "

But this time the server doesn't have time to close anything, because the server is going so fast/multithreaded. I had to call mysql_close explicitly.

For those who are interested:
Server: SUN X4140 8Gb
Glassfish V3 running in a zone with caucho Quercus PHP
MySQL running in a zone
Databasesize 2,5GB with 250 identical tables holding measurementdata
[Message sent by forum member 'madmax007' (madmax007)]