users@glassfish.java.net

How does the TopLink (present on GF) persist _at_Serializable Objects?

From: Paulo Cesar Reis <casmeiron_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 11:08:32 -0300

Hi,

I am trying to insert a Serializable Object using clasical JDBC Statements
in a Oracle Long Raw column and it does work. I can do it using setBinary
passing the bytes and the length or passing a ByteArrayInputStream.

The problem is: When TOPLINK try to construct the object I get a error
saying:

Exception [TOPLINK-66] (Oracle TopLink Essentials - 2.1 (Build b60e-fcs
(12/23/2008))): oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.DescriptorException
Exception Description: Could not deserialize object from byte array.
Internal Exception: Exception [TOPLINK-3007] (Oracle TopLink Essentials -
2.1 (Build b60e-fcs (12/23/2008))):
oracle.toplink.essentials.exceptions.ConversionException
Exception Description: The object
[net.pimpas.np.importer.base.SVCreateDownload], of class [class
java.lang.String], could not be converted to [class java.lang.Class].
Please ensure that the class [net.pimpas.np.importer.base.SVCreateDownload]
is on the CLASSPATH. You may need to use alternate API passing in the
appropriate class loader as required, or setting it on the default
ConversionManager.

Toplink is not able to construct the object and I am just using the deafult
Java serialization process to get the bytes from object. Anyone knows what
toplink expects to find when you map a column as Serializable? May I get an
example of this usage?

Thanks.