users@glassfish.java.net

Server log

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 05:43:15 PDT

Hi thread,

Can anyone tell me how I can change the format of the server log - NOT the access log. I am using myEclipse and have setup a console appender in log4j which we use. But there is a long header portion in the glassfish log that prints out for every line I log such as:

May 6, 2009 8:37:15 AM com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingByteArrayOutputStream flush
INFO: 2009-05-06 08:37:15,558 [pool-1-thread-7] DEBUG org.bcbsri.common.utils.config.ConfigFile - getProperties, filename=...

The portion all the way up to INFO
May 6, 2009 8:37:15 AM com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.SystemOutandErrHandler$LoggingByteArrayOutputStream flush
INFO:

is from glassfish - it is NOT our log message. I note that not ALL glassfish log messages are like this - only my log4j messages seem to have this large header prepended. So it may not be a simple format change - maybe its na issue with using log4j and glassfish is using JDK logging?

Any help appreciated,
thanks, Claude
[Message sent by forum member 'cdaoust' (cdaoust)]