users@glassfish.java.net

Re: How to Disable HttpSessions?

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:16:04 -0700

On 04/30/09 09:32 AM, glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I need to make my web application completely stateless, and thus would like to turn off http session generation by the app server (ie, no memory consumed, no jsessionid generation, etc). These are business requirements (not my fault!). In any event, the only thing I've done is set the JSP tags to not participate in sessions - but I don't see anything in the sun-web.xml that indicates if GlassFish can be told to NOT create a session. Is this possible, and if so, where is that configured (short of me writing a servlet filter that programmatically calls session.invalidate() ) ?

There is no such config option available, as it would be in violation of
the Servlet spec,
which requires that a call to HttpServletRequest#getSession create a
session if one does
not already exist.

A compliant server must not provide any config options that would lead
to spec
incompatible behaviour.

Jan