users@glassfish.java.net

Re: JNDI custom resource problems [solved]

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 03:26:19 PDT

This was completely down to personal stupidity (as I suspected). I had the package structure mixed up in my ObjectFactory class and therefore Glassfish couldn't find it to create the appropriate object. <grumble>why doesn't Glassfish complain if it can't find the object factory you have defined when setting up the custom resource instead of just returning javax.naming.Reference object back from the lookup?</grumble>

I can confirm that the two example resources linked to from this thread do work no problem.
[Message sent by forum member 'conradcrampton' (conradcrampton)]