users@glassfish.java.net

Equiv of commons-dbcp "factory" setting

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 11:14:21 PDT

I know GlassFish doesn't use commons-dbcp and am trying to figure out some of the equivalents. I know of the table that lists many of them, but it doesn't say whether or not there's an equivalent to commons-dbcp's "factory" setting. The question is this, is there an equivalent in GlassFish's configuration or, failing that, is there some way to get GlassFish to use encrypted Strings for the username and password for a given ConnectionPool? We currently are defining in our tomcat/conf/server.xml a block like this (where the "gibberish" for username and password is meant to be an encrypted string--no these ones aren't "real"):

<Resource name="jdbc/Pool1" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" driverClassName="com.dbdriver.DriverClass" maxIdle="1" maxActive="1" maxWait="5000" url="jdbc:dbtype://dbserver:dbport/db:" factory="com.mycompany.database.EncryptedDataSourceFactory" username="&asdfer55" password="756dffdDF=" testWhileIdle="true" timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="1800000" minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="3600000" validationQuery="select count(*) from table1" removeAbandoned="true" logAbandoned="true"/>
[Message sent by forum member 'dodgson' (dodgson)]