users@glassfish.java.net

Can't stop instance after adding jmxremote options.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:30:03 PDT

I have added the following options to my instance to enable jmxremote which can be used by AdventNet Manageengine.

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099

Unfortunately I can no longer properly stop my instances because of the following error on shutdown:
Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.rmi.server.ExportException: Port already in use: 1099; nested exception is:
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=1099

The only way to stop an instance is to kill the Process PID.
[Message sent by forum member 'jvermast' (jvermast)]