users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish support dynamic class loading from stand alone RMI app clients?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 16:12:14 PDT

I can't seem to dynamically load classes from my RMI standalone client. I've included the codebase option at run time, generated a policy file and a Security Manager. I've followed the instructions in the Glassfish FAQ by supplying the appropriate libraries (appser-rt.jar etc) to the classpath. I've also included the -javaagent option for toplink-essentials-client.jar (which one post recommended). I've verified with the Admin Console JNDI browser that the remote apps are registered.
I can get the RMI client working if I supply it the classpath to all my jars, however, as the client will eventually reside on a different server, any time I make a change to a class, I don't want to have to copy and move the jar(s) to the client machine.

After much Googling and perusing the Sun App Serv 9.1 documentation, I haven't found a single example of an RMI standalone client accessing remote EJBs on Glassfish. I did find one post that said Glassfish didn't support it, but I don't put all my faith in a single posting.

Any help would be appreciated!
[Message sent by forum member 'rl7007' (rl7007)]