users@glassfish.java.net

jax-rpc with basic authentication over https is ignored

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 19:50:43 PDT

I need to a call a JAX-RPC web service, which has basic authentication and is only available over https.
  I set the endpoint and username/password;

     AXLPort axlPort = axlAPIService.getAXLPort();
     ((Stub)axlPort)._setProperty(Stub.ENDPOINT_ADDRESS_PROPERTY, "https://10.1.1.2:8443/axl");
     ((Stub)axlPort)._setProperty(Stub.USERNAME_PROPERTY, "username");
     ((Stub)axlPort)._setProperty(Stub.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, "password");

  The endpoint property works, and I have had to add the SSL certificate, so I know that is working OK.
   However I get back Unauthorized, and when I use a web browser to the same address and enter the
   username and password I get to the webservice. Is there anything special for using basic
   authentication with HTTPS and JAX-RPC? This was created with NetBean 6.5 and the JAX-RPC plugin
   and is with Glassfish V2.1 (the Sun SDK bundle)

   Cheers
       S.
[Message sent by forum member 'scotth1' (scotth1)]