users@glassfish.java.net

configuring GF resource adapter for com.sun.messaging packages.

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 21:10:20 PDT

I have a standalone client connecting to glassfish using JMS by configuring GF jms
connection factory and connection pools. It works well. I am now trying to switch and
use the com.sun.messaging.ConnectionFactory and com.sun.messaging.jms.Connection
so I can implement the eventListener. By just changing the declarations from the
javax.messaging.* to the com.sun.messaging.* packages I get the following
exception when doing the jndi lookup for my connection factory.
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.sun.messaging.jms.ra.ConnectionFactoryAdapter cannot be cast to com.sun.messaging.ConnectionFactory

So is there a way to reconfigure GF to provide a resource using the com.sun packages?

I ran across this info http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-3671/abljw?a=view which
discusses setting up a foreign connector and it even has a few instances where
it references the com.sun.message* classes as an example, but I haven't been
able to do it successfully yet.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'gsarrowood' (gsarrowood)]