users@glassfish.java.net

Default and Server instances on installation

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:32:27 PDT

Hi,

When installing Glassfish, a default server is installed. When I enable clustering, two instances appear in the configuration tag in the administration console, "default" and" server", while only the "server" instance appears in the "Stand-alone Instances" tag.

Can anyone please elaborate on the difference between the two servers and why two are installed.

Is it that the DAS is running on the "server" instance and the "default" instance is installed as a working version of the Application server I can deploy to?

In the JMS settings, both point to the same MQ broker. I want to connect to remote brokers hosted on other servers. Should I leave the "server" instance JMS configuration as embedded and reference the local broker? Is it the default broker that I must change to point to the remote broker?

Thank you for the assistance.

Anthonie
[Message sent by forum member 'anthonie' (anthonie)]