users@glassfish.java.net

Problem creating a JNDI resource

From: Mike Rerick <MRerick_at_iwsinc.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:03:54 -0700

I am new to working with glassfish. I couldn't find anything in the archives
but may have overlooked something.

I'm using 'asadmin create-custom-resource' to create JNDI resources in
glassfish. One of the resources I need to create has a property that is
property-name=directory-path (Windows environment). I'm creating this with a
command file for asadmin so that all of the JNDI resources can be created at
once.

The command for creating the resource is:

create-custom-resource --terse=false --echo=false --interactive=false --host
host-name --port port-number --user admin --passwordfile password-file-name
--restype java.lang.String --factoryclass factory-class-name --enabled=true
--property prop-name=c:\\dir1\\dir2\\ JNDI-Resource-Name-To-Create

asadmin does not like the format of the property in the above command. I
have tried variations on this with no luck. How would I specify a directory
path in the property parameter in such a way that asadmin will accept it?
If I create the JNDI resource via the glassfish admin console, the custom
JNDI is created with no problems.

Thanks for any help

Mike Rerick

Sr. Software Engineer - Professional Services

  <blocked::http://www.iwsinc.com/>

9200 S.E. Sunnybrook Blvd., Suite 170

Clackamas, OR 97015

Phone: (503) 353-8068 Fax: (503) 353-8065

The information contained in this transmission contains potentially
privileged, export controlled and/or confidential information of Imageware
Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners. It is intended only to be read
by the person(s) named above and for no other purpose. You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution, duplication of this
communication or use of its contents for any purpose not authorized
expressly by Imageware Systems, Inc. is strictly prohibited and could lead
to both civil and/or criminal penalties. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are prohibited to review the contents herein and please
message. To reply to our e-mail administrator directly, please send an
e-mail to emailadmin_at_iwsinc.com

image002.gif
(image/gif attachment: image002.gif)