users@glassfish.java.net

Silent install domain creation issue

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:39:33 PDT

Hi,

I am attempting to perform a silent install of Java CAPS6 with the eManager, UDDI and Application Server Components enabled. Below is my unix-install.properties file:

CHOSEN_INSTALL_FEATURE_LIST=Appserver,UDDI,EM

CHOSEN_INSTALL_SET=Custom

#Choose JDK
#----------
USER_JDK_HOME=/pt/opt/build/java/jdk1.6.0_13

#Choose Install Folder
#---------------------
USER_INSTALL_DIR=/pt/opt/build/JavaCAPS6

#Repository Get User Input
#-------------------------
#REPOSITORY_NAME=repository1
#REPOSITORY_ADMIN_PORT=12000

#NetBeans Get User Input
#-------------------------
#NETBEANS_INSTALL_NBMS=1

#Appserver Get User Input
#------------------------
APPSERVER_ADMIN_USER=admin
APPSERVER_ADMIN_PASSWORD=adminadmin
APPSERVER_MASTER_PASSWORD=changeit
APPSERVER_DOMAIN_NAME=domain1
# Basic Ports
APPSERVER_ADMIN_PORT=4848
APPSERVER_HTTP_PORT=8080
APPSERVER_HTTPS_PORT=8181
# Advanced Ports
APPSERVER_JMS_PORT=7676
APPSERVER_JMX_ADMIN_PORT=8686
APPSERVER_IIOP_PORT=3100
APPSERVER_IIOP_SSL_PORT=3820
APPSERVER_IIOP_MUTUALAUTH_PORT=3920

#STCMS Get User Input
#--------------------
#STCMS_OS_TYPE=
#STCMS_PORT=18007
#STCMS_SSL_PORT=18008
#STCMS_MIGRATION_FROM_DIR=

#EM Get User Input
EMANAGER_HOST_NAME=localhost
EMANAGER_ADMIN_PORT=15000

The emanager installs successfully, but the app server installation fails. The final error message on the console window is:
CreateShortcut: Shortcut 'com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CreateShortcut -- stop_appserver_domain1' has no target (3)

From this I can assume that the default domain is not created.If I do the installation manually, it succeeds, therefore the ports etc are available.

Please help in identifying the issue.

Regards,
[Message sent by forum member 'anthonie' (anthonie)]