users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Glashfish 2.1 clustering (2 machine setup)

From: <Satyajit.Tripathi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 16:37:27 +0530

Dear Krishna,

The setup for a two node cluster is very simple, and I have done it
myself multiple times on Solaris10 x86 and SPARC.

Here are my suggestions to you,

1). As understood you have 2 systems and, gis77 (IP: 172.16.1.46) is
where the DAS is currently setup.
So first check from both the systems if you are able to access either
systems (gis77 and second) over the network.

2). You may want to follow the steps of Creating the new node on the
second system as below
    Login to second system, and execute the following command

  asadmin> create-node-agent --host gis77 --port 5000 mynodeagent_two
    Note I am assuming that as per your current setup, 5000 is the DAS
port on the gis77.

3). Then start the node-agent and list the node-agents the same way as
specified in your previous emails.

4). Login to the Admin Console using a browser i.e. http://gis77:5000,
and on the left panel locate the tree-node "Node-Agents" and the node(s)
created below that. Select the newly created node mynodeagent_two and
verify on the right panel under "Additional Properties" if the attribute
rendezvousOccurred is set to true.

These steps should definitely get you started. Feel free to let me know
if you still encounter any issues. I would be happy to help.

Thanks & regards
--Satya

_PS : My Blog at http://blogs.sun.com/stripathi_