users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Debugging Glassfish CPU usage

From: Scott Oaks <Scott.Oaks_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 10:42:19 -0400

There's definitely something there using more memory than you want; then
at each GC it cleans up just enough to limp along to the next full gc
(but not enough to do anything useful).

You'll have to look into some memory tools (jmap to generate a heap
dump, and then something like jhat or the Netbeans memory tool or the
Eclipse memory analyzer) to see what objects are using all that space
and see why they aren't getting reclaimed.

-Scott