users@glassfish.java.net

Re: MySQL XADataSource doesn't work

From: FreddySatellite <federico_alcantara_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 13:02:09 -0700 (PDT)

Now is working for me. I am trying to run a Seam Application under
Glassfish-v2ur2. In my case, I have two datasources (XA) using
com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlXADataSource. I received a "Can not
commit transaction" error when calling methods annotated with @Restriction
that perform sql statements (or transactions). This is because the
permission store is served by one datasource, while the queries are served
by the second datasource (or the persistent unit).

But on the Glassfish server console (:4848) I checked the "Non Transactional
Connections" checkbox for both of the connections pools. And "voila" the
application ran perfectly, including transactional operations.

I have to dig deeper to understand why this setting for the mysql xa
datasource allows the seam/glassfish combination to work. Meanwhile, I hope
this helps.