users@glassfish.java.net

Glassfish compression

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 09:27:38 +0200

AFAIK: by defautl Glassfish compresses these formats:
"text/html,text/xml,text/plain"

questions:

1) application/xml & application/json are mapped to text/xml ?
2) may I use text/xml instead of application/xml in Jersey applications?
3) is there a "default tunning" for restful applications somewhere ?
(instead of going through the tunning steps every time ?)

IMO: it would be cool if someone prepare a "default tunning script"
for certain techonologies/architectures .. if I know I will deploy
restful applications, I can download and run a script to optimize the
response time for these applications.. the same for SOAP ..

I know it is virtually impossible to attend all possible combinations
of application types, but there are the most common performance and
compression issues that can have a quick fix..

--
Please help to test this application:
http://fgaucho.dyndns.org:8080/cejug-classifieds-richfaces