users@glassfish.java.net

Is it possible to invoke methods of session beans directly after deployment

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 05:52:15 PDT

I'm using GlassFish. This is what I want to do. I have different ejb modules which can be deployed independently from each other. But I want to have one central ejb module where all the deployed modules have to register. This is because not all modules have to be deployed.

I thought the best way is if each ejb module contains a session bean (or what ever) with a specific method which will be immediately called after the module was deployed. But I found no such functionality. The whole process should happen after deployment because then a client can ask a session bean of the central ejb module which modules are registered at the moment.

I already tried the lifecycle functionality but there I have to create an own jar file which has to be placed in the lib directory of the application server which isn't really what I want. Furthermore if I call the register method of the central ejb module an exception will be thrown that this action is not allowed.

Does anybody know how I can manage this? Thanks for any help.
[Message sent by forum member 'martinhaneder' (martinhaneder)]