users@glassfish.java.net

Connection Validation too expensive

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:55:57 PDT

Hello,

With use an Oracle Database and have executed some performance bench on Glassfish.
We saw that the Connection Validation cost on the Database server is 10% of the total CPU ! (select * from dual; statement)

The problem is apparently that we can't limit the number of connection validation on the Oracle Pool - no interval setting and no dedicated thread to the connection validation treatment.

Does someone has found a solution (a custom development or a workaround) ? Or is there some official enhancement on this point ?
This is really sad to have to remove this functionality - normally re"quired in production

rgds,

Olivier
[Message sent by forum member 'omerlin' (omerlin)]