users@glassfish.java.net

feedback for new logging commands

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:01:43 PDT

I was asked to research whether the following cli commands related to logging should be ported in v3. I thought that I should ask the users for info so please review the list of commands below and provide feedback as to whether these are useful. This will help us plan what can be done in the upcoming releases of v3.

Commands are:
"rotate-now" - rotate the log files now is a programmatic API to rotate the logs. This can be used by an external scheduling tool such as cron to rotate the log files on a weekly, monthly, bi-monthly etc basis.

The following can be used to display data in text format:
"display-error-distribution" - displays distribution of errors from instance server.log at
     module level.

Please respond by March 28.

Thanks.
Carla

"display-error-statistics" - displays a summary of list of severities and warnings over time

"display-log-records" - displays all the error messages for a given module at a given timestamp
[Message sent by forum member 'carlavmott' (carlavmott)]