users@glassfish.java.net

Enterprise Application Preserve Data on Entity Changes

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 04:00:37 PDT

Hello All,

I have a application, which using Persistence (EJB 3.0 implementation). on Glassfish.
If there are any entity changes (hence change in database schema), all the existing tables (w.r.t. entitities) are dropped and new tables are created. This result in the loss of Data existing in the Tables.
Please guide me how to handle this scenario, what are the best practices for migration which involved Entity Changes.
I dont want to loose the data, when I build a new version of application with entity changes.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Suyog
[Message sent by forum member 'suyogbarve' (suyogbarve)]