users@glassfish.java.net

System Properties alternatives

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 03:39:10 PDT

Hi! This my first post, so please tell my anything if i am doing wrong.

I'm using the [b]system properties[/b] of a glassfish cluster to save parameters for bpel application and some java web services. I have a java web service to access to the properties (with System.getProperty(...)). This is working all rigth, but i want to change that because i don't want to have application parameters in a common resource (the cluster). I think it is not the place to store this info, because is related to the application, not to the server neither the cluster.

The best solution i have is to move the parameters from the cluster system properties to a table in data base. In the "parameters web service" i only have to change the access to system properties to a data base access. For the java webservices i can put them in a *.properties file, but it doesn't work for my bpel applications, so i think the data base option is better.

I would like to know is there is any other solution for the bpel application, another way to store properties, variables, parameters ... and access to them from java webservices and/or bpel.

That's all, thank you!
[Message sent by forum member 'dimartinez' (dimartinez)]