users@glassfish.java.net

Help with thread pool/Work manager accessing a ejb included library?

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:13:17 PDT

So simply I have a ejb that will start a thumbnail maker (ThumbnailMaker.class) which is a runnable, to the workmanager.
as found here
http://www.dobesland.com/2009/02/03/running-work-seperate-thread-transaction-glassfish/

The the class is run and I am able to step through the code being processed on the manager( using NB6.5). The ThumbnailMaker.class is defined in the ejb package. Also included in the ejb is a seperate library to create/handle the graphic methods. The graphic methods are called from this ThumbnailMaker.class. Running the code I do not see any errors/exceptions on GF. Stepping through the code though, NB will stop at these calls to the methods in the library. and nothing happens. Thumbnail is not created and I cannot step over the method. Is there something I am missing that is not allowing the seperate thread to call this library? At the bottom of the post above is
"Use a SessionContext object and call getBusinessObject() to get a proxy to your EJB which will construct the needed context to make all the EJB “stuff” work correctly if you call any method on it (it’s the same type of proxy used when you inject the EJB into another object)." Does this apply to me? How would I apply this to the library calls to get them to work? This is on java se 6 12 on GF 2.1, windows vista.
[Message sent by forum member 'javajoe83' (javajoe83)]