users@glassfish.java.net

Classpath problem with Resource Adapter deployed in Glassfish v2.1

From: Shane McEneaney <shane_mceneaney_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 15:17:50 -0000

Folks,

I have implemented a Resource Adapter and deployed it as a RAR in Glassfish. The ResourceAdapter Class starts and the endpoint I have configured initializes.

The problem is that some of the JARs contained in the root directory of the RAR are not seen on the classpath. In addition, I have not been able to use config/property files because they cannot be found.

A workaround for the NoClassDefFound errors is to put the JARs in the Glassfish/lib directory. This is not ideal and I'm tearing my hair out trying to figure out a way of using property/config files without specifying absolute paths (to nasty to contemplate).

Many thanks,

Shane