users@glassfish.java.net

Upgrade Question

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 05:48:05 PDT

Hi all;

We currently use Sun Java System Application Server 9.1_01 (build b09d-fcs) cluster setup and would like to upgrade to V2.1 final Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server v2.1 (9.1.1) (build b60e-fcs).

We would like to make a In-Place upgrade. In the Sun GlassFish Enterprise Server 2.1 Upgrade Guide there is a note that from 9.1_01 to final the asupgrade tool must not be ran, upgrading the runtime binaries is sufficient.

Here comes my question: how do I just upgrade the runtime binaries? unpack the glassfish-installer-v2.1-b60e-linux.jar into the exising installlation and run <install-root>/lib/ant/bin/ant -f setup-cluster.xml?

Thank you for any tips....

Ivo
[Message sent by forum member 'jdrive' (jdrive)]