users@glassfish.java.net

Problem sending JMS messages from stateless SB

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 12:11:18 PDT

Please help.

I am new to glassfish and having a problem with something that works in WebLogic and JBoss. We are using glassfish 2.1.

The basic scenario is this:
- MDB gets a JMS message
- MDB calls method on SSB local interface
- SSB sends a new JMS message to a permanent Queue (not the input queue)

Problem: Some messages (~10%) never show up on the outgoing queue. No exceptions are thrown. All looks good in the log file. The code matches what is in the javaee tutorial. We are using Tibco EMS as the JMS provider and EJB 3.0 annotations for connection factory and destination variables. The other interesting thing is that if I put the exact same code from the SSB into the MDB that receives the input message, everything works perfectly all the time.

I believe this is repeatable. Why can I send JMS messages from an MDB but not from a SSB?
[Message sent by forum member 'patrick_d' (patrick_d)]