users@glassfish.java.net

Resources consumed by important logging traces.

From: paul perez <paul.perez_at_pymma.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 10:16:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

We are designing an important project on Glassfish ESB. We have on each
domain hundreds BPEL instances running at the same time. Each instance
generates traces (Native Logging ).
If a BPEL application has a problem on production (too slow for example),
the production team wants to be able check what's happen and increase the
Log Level to Fine to get accurate information from the BPEL application.
Unfortunately, there is no way to select for which application you want to
increase the Log Level. All the BPEL application will generate the logging
at the Fine Level since the BPEL Log level configuration is global per
domain.

We fear to see the performance decreasing during that time. What performance
log could we expect (5%, 10%, 30; 50). We have no idea about this topic.

Can someone give us a feedback on this topic or / and a way to reduce the
resource need by the Logging feature

Thanks

Paul Perez