users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Multiple login-config ? users + web services

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:25:01 PDT

Hello
I do not fully understand your reply. You say "both would share the same p2r mapping, and realm", what is p2r ?

The idea of separating this web application into two did occur to me but I am not very enthusiastic, I think it would increase the scope for mistakes in future. Plus I would need to manually build a jar file containing all the code shared by both web applications, or move the Java out of the existing NetBeans project into a 3rd project which creates a jar used by both web applications.

Is there any chance that the WS-Security API might enable a web app to provide a web service using a separate authentication method ? I do not want to get involved with WS-Security but if it causes less scope for error than separate web applications it might be worth it.
[Message sent by forum member 'vincewebb' (vincewebb)]