users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Vista, Jee5, sql2000 &sql2005

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 21:48:32 -0400

if its not Socket permissions i would follow dennis' advice and make sure 1433 is open

cmd>netstat -aon | grep 1433

if you see the entry find the pid
then quiesce the process with that pid

If you're in windows starting in 'safe mode' will ensure automatic services won't occupy port 1433

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note