users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Opinions Wanted: v3 GUI Prototype

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 06:05:22 PST

I agree with Ryan. The tree seems to give a much better overview, plus there's a much higher level of familiarity for people coming from glassfish 1-2.x so you'll probably have to field far fewer support questions on the move of properties.

I don't disagree with JPTech that the menu's are more 'logical' but I still prefer the tree because of its 'conceptual' presentation. I think most of the people who are drawn to a gui are so because of it's conceptual design which I read as 'intuitiveness'.

Andrew
[Message sent by forum member 'areplogle' (areplogle)]