users@glassfish.java.net

Re: GlassFish v3 Prelude does not start

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 04:46:01 PST

Man, that's fast!

OK, I did as you told, and the amazing result is: [b]All of a sudden, it works!?[/b] The exception does not appear, and the admin console shows.

All I changed was add the FELIX console in "glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/felix/conf/config.properties":

felix.auto.start.1= \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/javax.xml.stream.jar \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/tiger-types-osgi.jar \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/auto-depends.jar \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/config.jar \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/hk2-core.jar \
 ${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/modules/osgi-adapter.jar \
\
${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/felix/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell.jar \
${com.sun.aas.installRootURI}/felix/bundle/org.apache.felix.shell.remote.jar

, and restart the server.

It may sound silly, but I swear I have not changed anything else that could influence GlassFish. I have log files "before" and "after", and they only differ in the BundleException (before) and the FELIX bundles (after). (I DIFFed them!) (Find the server.log file attached; the relevant time stamps are 10:33 [before] and 13:01 [after].)

If I remove the FELIX console, GlassFish continues to work.

My guesses are
* The problem is sporadic (although it seemed stable "before")
* It is somehow date-related (AM / PM, UTC offset; mine is CET, UCT+0100)

Either I made some really stupid mistake, or GlassFish has a serious problem. So either I'm wasting your time, or not. I will observe the situation; maybe some other individuals run into the same problem and find and reply to this thread.

Thank you anyway, and let's see what happens...

CU

Arno

> That error (Bundle symbolic name and version are not
> unique.) should not
> happen. Can you enable the Felix shell and send us a
> list of bundles
> installed. Do the following:
>
> 1. Open
> C:/glassfishv3-prelude/glassfish/felix/conf/config.pro
> perties.
> 2. Search for shell there. You will see instructions
> for enabling the
> felix shell.
> 3. Restart the server.
> 4. Now run "telnet localhost 6666" from another
> console.
> 5. On the prompt, run "ps" command. It will list all
> the bundles. Send
> the output to us.
>
> Thanks,
> Sahoo
> glassfish_at_javadesktop.org wrote:
[Message sent by forum member 'arno_unkrig' (arno_unkrig)]