users@glassfish.java.net

Monitoring httplistener starts giving negative values on coc

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 22:58:52 PST

I started monitoring the httplistener through the CLI, with the command ./asadmin monitor --type httplistener --filter http-listener-1 <cluster-instance> <log-file-name>.

Initially this worked well. With the low traffic I was running, the coc (count open connections) returned values between 0 and 10. But after an hour or so, I started to get negative values, like -1, -2, -3. After I left the system running for more tha 10 hours I was getting values like -22 to -25, with the same traffic.

Is this a bug, or does anybody know how to interprete these negative values? Since the traffic has been the same all the time, It can't be as simple as ignoring the minus sign. I am pretty sure that I don't have 22 to 25 open connections with the traffic I am running.

I am using Sun GlassFish Communications Server 1.0 (build b06-p04) in a cluster with 3 instances running on Suse Enterprise Linux, kernel version 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp.
[Message sent by forum member 'jean_bergstrom' (jean_bergstrom)]