users@glassfish.java.net

How to set permissions to allow 'exec' of /usr/bin/chmod

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 05:50:15 PST

A java/J2EE newbie here.

Since java has no way of setting file permissions I want to "chmod" the file after its written.

I am using SUN application server 8.1

I can write the file but when I try to execute /usr/bin/chmod I get a security error.

server.log gives:

 Can't call method exec on class com.waveset.util.Util
==> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission /usr/bin/chmod execute)|#]

What do I have to put into my application server configuration files so that I can utilise the operating system?

GF
[Message sent by forum member 'greengrass1234' (greengrass1234)]