users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Remote JMS, glassfish cluster, cannot PING JMS nor create physical destinations from the GUI

From: Olivier Liechti <olivier.liechti_at_heig-vd.ch>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 15:00:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I made some progress and was able to get the GUI to work. I have to admit
that the JMS configuration is not completely clear, and I think the behavior
of the GUI console is not correct.

Basically, when I am in the CLUSTER NODE CONFIGURATION and try to do a ping,
Glassfish is not using the JMS host defined in the configuration. Instead,
it is using the JMS host defnied in the DAS SERVER CONFIGURATION. When I
replaced the port number on the DAS SERVER configuration, I can ping.

Could anyone comment on this to clarify?

Also, I still do not understand why my cluster nodes start an instance of
message queue (in a separate process) if I have configured my message
service as REMOTE...

Cheers,

Olivier