users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Socket Units

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:28:55 -0500

My guess is physical CPU sockets on the motherboard. It doesn't matter
how many cores are on a CPU. For example: a quad core Xeon processor =
1 socket unit.

The other thought I had was HTTP listener sockets, but I can't see them
charging per HTTP listener. That doesn't always work in an SOA
environment made up of remote EJBs, JMS, etc. but no web services or web
applications.