users@glassfish.java.net

important Logging impact on Glassfish performances

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 03:47:27 PST

Hello All,

We are building an integration framework based on Glassfish ESB. We use BPEL to design the integration processes. On production we forcast to have hundreds process instances working at the same time. (of Course not all on the same domaine or on the same machine).
If a problem arises on one process on production, we have the possibility to select a finest Log level of the BPEL service engine dynamically. Unfortunately since we are not able to select the instance we want to log in detail, all the BPEL instance embedded in the domain will log at a finest level at the same time. This means the amount of log message will increase dramatically.
We are designing a special handler that help the user to filter the logRecord corresponding to his needs.
But the standard handler will deal with all the LogRecord generated by all the BPEL instances.
We have no idea about the impact on the global performances of glassfish.

Does someone has an idea on the impact create by an huge amount of logging. please let us know.

thanks for your help
Regards

Paul Perez
[Message sent by forum member 'polperez' (polperez)]