users@glassfish.java.net

JAX-RPC service client and Maven

From: Ryan de Laplante <ryan_at_ijws.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 20:50:49 -0500

Hi,

I need my Maven web project to communicate with a JAX-RPC web service.
The web service cannot be upgraded to JAX-WS because the other company
accessing it uses Axis 1.1 and won't upgrade.

I've seen the Metro jax-ws maven plugin, but nothing for jax-rpc except
Axis, Xfire, etc. I imagine if I use those other maven plugins then I
will not be using GlassFish's built-in JAX-RPC runtime anymore. I like
to try not to have external dependencies where GlassFish/Java EE offers
a solution.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to use GlassFish's JAX-RPC
in my Maven web project? I suspect there is because NetBeans 6.7 M2's
maven support has a new web service client wizard, and a JAX-RPC
option. It tells me that I need to install the JAX-RPC support plugin
before I can use it. I have the plugin installed in NetBeans so the
feature is broken. I'm wondering if it means I need a JAX-RPC maven
plugin configured in my POM before I can use the feature? No response
on nbusers mailing list.

Thanks,
Ryan