users@glassfish.java.net

Re: Jersey or Servlet ?

From: Felipe Gaúcho <fgaucho_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:55:06 +0200

humm.. the new service is extremely simple, so I am looking for
simplicity (and also easiness of development)..

I will use EJB Entities as persistence units.. and I eventually will
have some stateless EJBs for the business part.. then I need to
produce the output (frontend GUI)....

to avoid the coupling between the heavyweight backend (EJBs, JMS, etc)
and the lightweight frontend.. I decided to expose the backend through
a restfull service.. and then I got this open questions..

if I adopt a full web framework, my lightweight option is gone.. and I
am locked in a complicated framework.. I guess........