users@glassfish.java.net

Re: RMI Connection refused to localhost

From: <glassfish_at_javadesktop.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:33:10 PDT

Finally, a circumvention, if not a solution, did surface:

GF opens local socket connections by using as the host what is returned from java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost() (localhost will never be used).

In my network configuration there is a 1394 Net Adapter with an IP-adress starting with 169.254, and for some reason, and in some cases, this prohibits opening a socket connection locally through that name.

However, removing the IP-adress with ipconfig /release unblocked the pipe.

Thanks to all of you having read my post, even if no solution could be found.

Erik
[Message sent by forum member 'erik56gd' (erik56gd)]