users@glassfish.java.net

RE: Vista, Jee5, sql2000 &sql2005

From: Martin Gainty <mgainty_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 21:42:14 -0500

make sure the SocketPermission Grant is on (for connect) in your server.policy for port 1433

$GLASSFISH_HOME/domains/domain1/config/server.policy
grant {
    //Workaround for bugs #6484935, 6513799
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "getProtectionDomain";
    permission com.sun.corba.ee.impl.presentation.rmi.DynamicAccessPermission "access";
    permission java.util.PropertyPermission "*", "read,write";

    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "loadLibrary.*";
    permission java.lang.RuntimePermission "queuePrintJob";
    permission java.net.SocketPermission "*", "connect";
}

telnet and hypertrm were deemed "too useful and necessary" to be included in vista

putty to the rescue..

Martin

Disclaimer and confidentiality note